Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Blog/First Post!

I've always wanted to have a blog, but never had the guts to start one. I like to read other blogs. I guess I've never had the time to do it either. But maybe this will be a good way to put some thoughts out and have a nice dialogue going from time to time (if anyone reads it!). My intended audience is mainly the Belfry community, but I imagine my reflections will be pretty general in nature. As an introvert, I usually think about everything I say before saying it; and I most regret when I don't go through that process and just blurt something out. That's part of what scares me about having a blog - I never intend to hurt or offend or misconstrue anything in what I say. So, I apologize in advance if anyone feels any of those things after reading what I write here. But please remember: these are just my random thoughts and reflections, and I'm not asking anyone to agree with them. My philosophical training taught me the necessity of dialogue in the quest for knowledge and truth, and therefore we have to be willing to put thoughts out - knowing we could be wrong - and then be open to receiving a respectful response. That's what I hope this blog can be.

Enjoy!

No comments: